If all recruiters followed the classic rules of job advertisement writing, you would get pretty bored when scanning job listings. But sometimes, there are some really funny job titles.
Too often, hiring staff will only get creative when it comes to glossing over job description details that might otherwise repel candidates. However, there are times when the actual job name is remarkable enough on its own and clearly needs no embellishment.
- Mother Repairer - I’m sure that everyone could use one of these at some point, and I love my mother and I’m sure that most of you love your mothers too. Actually, this refers to the person who improves metal phonograph record matrices, which are also known as mothers.
- Skull Grinder – what’s impressive about this one is that the definition is actually worse than it sounds. You’ll need to click the link for it, but wait until you finish eating first.
- Chick Sexer – just watch Jon Stewart’s interview of Mike Rowe. There’s nothing else to say.
Some other good ones –
- Bat Cave Scavenger - from Mike Rowe’s Dirty Jobs show, this does not refer to people who rob Batman, since I know that’s what you were thinking.
- Tonsorial Artist – from The Weirdest Job Titles. Sounds like a fun name for Doctor of Internal Medicine (which could use a fun name), but it’s actually another way to say Hair Stylist.
- PHP Ninja - from The Jobs of Web2.0. Programmer by day, Security Guard by night. An example of Job Search Marketing.
- Honest Politician – ok, I made up this one. There are many other funny titles on the WaiterRant, if you ever need a good answer to the question ‘so what do you do?’
Think of the funniest, strangest, weirdest job title that you’ve seen in a job listing or want-ad or perhaps heard from a recruiter’s mouth. Now tell us what it is in the comments.
If you liked this, you’ll love 51 Funny Craigslist Job Titles and Listings.
-- Jacob Share