students, recent graduates
About this Event
During this time, our attention is focused on our emerging leaders and students who are finding their summer schedules and future job prospects disrupted by COVID-19. Understandably, anxiety and uneasiness are running high.
The Council of Korean Americans (CKA) and the Korean American Scholarship Foundation (KASF) are launching this webinar, “Job Searching in a COVID-19 World”, because we want to provide reassurance, inspiration, and connection. By the end of the summer, our aim is to help our young folks become more mentally resilient and prepared for the new world.
Featured Speakers include:
- Heidi Yu, Assistant Director, College of Letters & Science, UC Berkeley Career Center
- Eunjeong Lee, National Executive Director, Korean American Scholarship Foundation
- Christine Kang, YP Committee Chair, Korean American Scholarship Foundation
- Abraham Kim, Executive Director, Council of Korean Americans
We will cover:
- Changes to employment processes, interviews, and how employers are planning to approach potential applicants during COVID-19.
- Changes in the job search experience and insights into the virtual interview experience.
- To-Do List for the Summer (Resume, CV, LinkedIn, Networking).
- Don't-Do List (How to manage anxiety and uncertainty during this time).
We will also announce upcoming opportunities, such as our:
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
Time: 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Timezone: UTC+4 (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: Job Searching in a COVID-19 World: A Student’s Guide
🚩 Event category:
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.