All job seekers
What do ex-entrepreneurs and former business owners need to keep in mind when trying to go back into the job market?
This chat's co-host is career designer for Baby Boomers, Marc Miller.
Marc Miller is the founder of Career Pivot, which helps those in the 2nd Half of Life design careers that they can grow into for the next 30 years. Marc authored the book “Repurpose Your Career: A Practical Guide for the 2nd Half of Life“, published in September 2019.
— 💡 HIGHLIGHTS —
- ➡ How to choose a new career direction when you’re a former entrepreneur trying to reenter the job market
- ➡ Why and how to use freelance gigs to test new career directions
- ➡ Acquiring new industry skills is the easiest part of career change, and that’s what everyone looks at first
- ➡ Use networking to get feedback on your career direction plans to avoid wasting time and effort
- ➡ Aim for careers adjacent to work you’ve done in the past, if possible
- ➡ Marketing yourself also means learning what NOT to bring up from your past
- ➡ As a non-traditional job seeker, your resume is less important during a career change, and that impacts your job search
Date: Monday, May 4, 2020
Time: 9:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (check your local time here)
Registration required? No
Full event details: How Do You Change Careers As A Former Entrepreneur? [JOSH #6]
🚩 Event category:
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.