Do you exercise regularly? Your job search might be the best time to begin this great habit.
Regular exercise will…
1. Give you a serotonin rise, keeping feelings of job search depression away
2. Improve your breathing, allowing you to improve your attention span and more easily focus on your job search tasks
3. Pull you away from the above tasks at the right time, so that you don't get bogged down
4. Increase your metabolism, making you feel more energetic
5. Help you sleep better
6. Serve as a mechanism for release job search tension and frustration (why did my CV not get any replies…?)
7. Lift your spirits with inspirational highs as you achieve exercise goals too
8. Raise your self-confidence, which will shine through in firmer handshakes and positive body language
9. Make your brain function better including your memory
10. Lead to new job opportunities from new contacts in your gym.
That said, if you'd like to save membership costs or live far from a gym, there are many exercises that you can do at home.
READ NEXT: 10 More Reasons You Should Exercise Regularly, which includes a video of The World's Fastest Workout (takes only 4 minutes!)
- 10 Benefits of Exercise, and How to Start Doing It
- How to Exercise While Sitting at Your Computer