The numbers are there, but do they really mean anything?
After I recently published Over 100 Salary Surveys, Guides and Calculators For 2014, Mark Anthony Dyson, creator of blog TheVoiceofJobseekers.com, reached out to interview me for Episode 34 of his ongoing podcast series.
The podcast is split into two parts.
In Part 1, spanning the first 23 minutes of the podcast, Mark and I discussed:
- Why I spent so much effort to create the compilation
- The differences between salary surveys, guides and calculators
- Important: a typical mistake job seekers make with salary resources
- How these various tools are useful for all job seekers, regardless of how much experience you have
- How to get best results from the long list of resources in my article
- A tip about where to find salary information for a given company
In Part 2 of the podcast, Mark interviews Keith Townsend, founder of VirtualizedGeek.com, about the (College/University) Degree vs. Certification debate.
Mark- thanks for the fun chat.
If you liked this article, you'll enjoy 7 Ways People Fail at Salary Negotiations.