Hiring companies, speakers and expert counselors will be at your service as Merkaz Hamagshimim Hadassah and AACI put on their first job fair since 2007.
Update 05/02/10: Shira from the Mercaz sent me the list of companies that are supposed to be at the fair, see below.
From the official release:
“For job seekers in all fields (computers, science, medicine, teachers, researchers, pr, admin, engineers, tour guides, translators, etc), as well as students, those who recently completed the army, new and veteran olim, and Israelis, English, Hebrew, and other language speakers alike.”
Approximately 30 companies from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv in the following fields:
- Technical writing
- and more…
And those companies are:
- JVP Software Incubator
- Animation Lab
- Morningside Translations
- Jedi Media Group
- Relocation jobs
- RE/MAX Vision
- Worldwide Jobs
- Stern Engineering
- Matan media
- Etz Hadat
- H. Stern Jewelers
- Ramada Jerusalem Hotels
- Net translators
- משטרת עיר העתיקה
- The Jerusalem Post
There will also be “career counselors, resume writing assistance, and lectures on the job market in Israel, job hunting, and other related topics. Information and resources for start-ups, small businesses and entrepreneurs. We will also have job boards with postings of open positions in a variety of professional fields.”
- 5:15 pm – “Self Employed in Israel”, Ran Afek of Israel Business Connection
- 6:15 pm – “Hi Tech in Israel”, Jacob Richman of CJI
- 7 pm – “Tailoring One's Job Search for Israel”, Nat Gordon of Marksman International Personnel
- 8 pm – “Networking via LinkedIn”, Ron Machol of Israemploy
Beit ArEl, 8 Gad St. (the old Ulpan Etzion)
Bus – use the excellent Jlembusmap.com (click ‘Baka' in the left sidebar) to find your bus. Lines 7, 21 and 21A have the closest stops but the many buses along Derech Chevron or Emek Refaim are only an extra few minutes' walk.
Entry is FREE
For more information, call Shira at 052-6039116 or email meida [at] themerkaz.org
Wednesday, February 10th, 5-9 pm
- To submit resumes (have copies with you!)
- To show off your networking skills and meet company rep.s, to follow-up with on email and social media
- To learn about job search from the speakers and get advice from experts
I will also be there with a table to meet job seekers and answer job search questions. Come by and say hi, it's always nice to meet in person.
DON'T FORGET: as usual, remember to read my 35+ Job Fair Success Do’s and Don’ts a few days beforehand.