Merkaz Hamagshimim-Hadassah is putting on a job fair. If you'll be in the Jerusalem area on October 18th 2007, you'll probably want to be there.
From the official release-
Covering all industries, the job fair is for job seekers 19-35 years old including olim, university students, former soldiers who recently completed the army and other native Israelis.
At the job fair, you'll find-
- Companies from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv including Comverse, JVP, and Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Government agencies such as the Ministry of Education, who are looking for new teachers
- Non-profit organizations such as the Jewish National Fund who are hoping to hire tour guides and madrichim (group leaders)
- Representatives from the National Career Counseling Center
- Speakers on finding employment in Israel
- Job boards with postings in a variety of professional fields
- Resume writing help
- Information and resources for entrepreneurs and startups
- 6:30pm – Judy Feirstein, CEO of Transitions & Resources, Ltd, will speak about “Starting your Career in Israel”
- 7:00pm – Lynne Weinstein, MSW (Master's in Social Work) will talk about the emotional aspect of job search
- 7:30pm – Chaim Fox-Emmett of Israemploy will speak about Israel's Job Market Today
- 8:00pm – Jacob Richman will speak on “Computer Jobs and Hi-tech in Israel”
Dor V'dorshav 7a
Jerusalem (bus 18, 14 or 4 to Emek Refaim).
Thursday, October 18th, 6-9 pm.
To show off your networking skills and resume, so have copies with you.
For more information, call Shira at (02) 561-9165 or email meida [at] themerkaz.org
Subscribe to JobMob via or email for more can't-miss events to put on your job search date agenda.