Social media websites have made the Internet more fun to use for networking than ever before. Here's a list of suggestions to make the most of the top social media websites for your job search.
Quick and Easy
- Browse Flickr for great resume format ideas or upload your portfolio to it.
- Create an online resume on LinkedIn, and put the URL on your print resumes and business cards. See my profile as an example.
- Join industry groups and Pages on Facebook such as JobMob Facebook Page.
- Twitter about your job search so that your friends can find you jobs.
Bigger Effort, Bigger Payoff
- Use StumbleUpon to become an influential authority or power user on your domain of expertise by consistently bookmarking terrific links related to your profession.
- Post a video resume and respond to YouTube job contests like Diddy's Assistant search.
- Be like Vianney Lecroart who put a CV on the Internet in such a creative, original way that it could become popular with Digg readers.
- Brand yourself with a MySpace page related to your expertise, and have your page show you job alerts.
Other Bloggers Also Recommend
- LinkedIn as Resume 2.0
- Tips to Marketing on Facebook
- Social Media Marketing Roundup
- Best Practices for Using MySpace, Facebook and Other Social Networking Sites
If you liked this article, you'll also enjoy The Beginner’s Guide To Finding A Job With Twitter.
This article is part of Vandelay Website Design's Social Media group writing project.