Inspiration Bit's Time Management Strategies group writing project yielded a long list of ideas for managing your precious time.
The Top 8
- 8 Work At Home Time Management Strategies by Char
- Time Management For Bloggers and Photographers by Brian
- It's URGENT, Urgent I say! but is it? by Marques
Decide what really matters.
- 3 simple time management tips by Carey
Prioritize, delegate, know when to say “no”.
- Time management: the un-techniques by Peter
Avoid bad habits.
- 9 Reasons to Wake Up Early by Y. Graf
Before everyone else.
- Time Management Tips for Using Email by Daniel
- Better living through sticky notes by Lisa
Lest we forget.
Other Good Tips
- All For Time and Time For All: The 10 Commandments of Time Management by Simonne
Don't wait for things to become urgent before attending to them, don't just make but also be flexible enough to break your To Do list, learn to say “no” when resources are limited.
- Lessons in Time Management by Em Dy
Start early and on time, end on time and most importantly respect other people's time
- Guru Natalie weighs in on Time Management by Natalie
Become a “creature of habit”, use your email software efficiently by flagging your emails according to their urgency. Are you a graphic designer – then visually arrange the job folders in your “toast rack”.
- Manage time by sorting your blog comments in 6 ways by Bes
If you are or want to be a successful blogger, you must be spending a good chunk of your daily blogging activities in reading, replying to comments on your blog and commenting on others. This article will teach you how to stay on top of your comments in a most efficient way.
- My Troubles With Time Management by Ronald
Most probably this post won't teach you how to manage your time wisely, but it will, however, make you feel a hundred times better for not being the only one who has troubles with managing Time.
- Time Management: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Jenny Mcb
Sometimes all you need to manage your time is a communication with your spouse/partner, a full freezer, a Palm and a laid back attitude.
- Time Management – Don't put Everything off until later by TeaMouse
Other times a few simple things like Slow Cooker, Dishwasher, Front loading washer, and family members who pitch in with all of the household chores, will make your life much easier.
- Time, Time, Time by WG
In order to get things done you need “routines and schedules and lists” and “outside help”. Set clear expectations and plan ahead when possible.
- Thoughts On Managing A Precious Resource by Ajay
Write everything down, work smart, multi-task creatively, avoid classic time wasters, declare “Me” time, make up for lack of time.
- Time Management – tackling K2
If you're a passionate perfectionist who places “the utmost of importance on each task”, then your salvation is the realization of your greatest strengths and weakness. Prioritize the tasks and tranquilize.
- Stress Can Be Good by Lauren Marie
Identify tasks as necessary and/or immediate, “Priority Two”, more long-term, and the one that cat can be delegated to others. The important thing to keep in mind is to “take time to breathe and realize what is truly important in life”.
- Secrets To Successful Time Management by Gleb Reys
Pick your priorities, most important tasks and regularly review them all. Learn how to plan and block your time.
- How I manage time between blogging and studies by Shankar
Check out how a busy student successfully manages his studies with blogging, by rising early and dividing bigger tasks into smaller ones. Of course, cutting down on instant messaging and WordPress theme tweaking helps a great deal.
- How I Manage My Time by Keith
A sneak peek into the daily life of a busy programmer and a plugin writer, who mastered the art of a proper schedule.
- 6 Essential Time Management Strategies by Randa
Don't waste time, work everywhere and anywhere, carry a notebook and keep a calendar, once again – break tasks into small bits and learn to say “no”.
- Time Management: Managing Large Multi-User Projects by Jennifer
Have you ever used Basecamp? No, then you should give it a try. It's a web-based multi-user project management application that will make life juggling multiple projects much easier. Read the article to learn how it works.
- A Routine Shall Set You Free by Brooke
Do you think that a routine kills freedom and motivation? Think again. This article will teach you how to be “more free while living within a routine”.
- Supercharge Your Job Search by Saving Time by Jacob
Job hunting is a full-time effort. Unless you're careful, you might be working overtime. Learn how to make it seem like a part-time.
- Time Makes Me Cuckoo by Shelley
Does it seem to others that you're a very organized person, managing to handle all those numerous activities and things that you do, when you're actually running out of time, struggling to keep the structure up? Then this article is for you, it will show you how not only look but also be organized.
- 11 Time Management Tips – How I manage Work and Blog by Ashish
Make your own bloggers toolkit and have a blog management day – these are only two of the helpful tips from a successful part-time blogger.
- Simple Tips for Managing Time by Pearl
Organize your stuff online with applications like Backpack and Stickies, process similar tasks at once, make reading your RSS feeds and commenting a part of your schedule, review your priorities and re-arrange the to do list if needed. Wait, there's more; but you have to visit the article to find out.
- Strategies for Effective Time Management by Janie
Learn how to resist the urge to procrastinate but remain flexible, prioritize and work quickly and efficiently
- dIstressed or dEstressed? by Em Dy
Are you stressed? Then it's important to distress. Find out the results of a survey on how people get distressed.
- Freelancing And Time Management by Tara
These are one of those timeless answers to eternal questions from freelancers on how to better manage their time.
- Internet Is The Devil In Disguise by Vivien
How can we get any work done if there's this spider with many heads called Internet that's luring us into its web and eating our time? Well, you just have to read this last strategy to find out.
Which tip do you like most?
What works best for you?