All job seekers
About this Event
This one-hour course is open to men and women living in Liverpool City Region who are not in paid employment at the minute and would like help understanding how to complete job applications effectively in order to secure an interview.
Starts: Wednesday 14th April 10: 30 am – 11:30 am via Zoom
Over the session, you will cover:
- How do I approach job applications?
- What do I include on an application form? What language do I use?
- How do I make my application stand out from the rest?
- Understanding employers will score your application by comparing your form to the person spec and learning how to tailor yours to the role
- How to create a strong personal statement
The course is run as part of a wider Building Better Opportunities programme and is open to WOMEN & MEN living in the LIVERPOOL CITY REGION (Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, Wirral, St Helens, or Halton) who are not in paid employment or who are economically inactive (perhaps a student , home maker, taking a career break, full time carer or retired).
This programme is part funded by European Social Fund so we need to collect to complete an induction /registration form with you and collect 2 pieces of evidence of your eligibility, including:
Something to evidence your right to work in the UK such as a photo or scan of:
- your passport
- birth certificate
- National Insurance Card for example
Something to evidence that you are not in paid employment at the moment, for example:
- a letter from job centre / DWP/document from a government agency/ Screenshot from your online DWP account
- a doctors letter
- entitlement to state retirement pension letter
- correspondence from an educational establishment if you are a student
One of our team will be in touch to offer some support with this. Once the form is completed and all the evidence received, we will send you the link for joining the sessions.
If you don't have the above mentioned pieces of evidence at the moment but believe you are eligible, still register your interest here and our team can discuss this with you further at induction.
For more information or to book a place on this course, please contact our engagement team on 0151 706 8111 or email email@example.com
Please note; There are limited places available and can be reserved via Eventbrite
Date: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Time: 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Timezone: UTC+1 (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: Your Next Step: One Hour To Ace Your Application
🚩 Event category:
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.