All job seekers
About this Event
The National Careers Service is working in partnership with local partners to deliver workshops to support individuals to gain confidence, skills and new employment.
Topics covered include:
- Recognising the changing face of the job market in the age of Covid
- Understanding your transferability: experience, skills, and personal qualities, to support career planning
- Expanding job hunting knowledge and approaches
- Upskilling: advice on free training opportunities including Leadership, Manufacturing, IT amongst many other professional / vocational courses
- How to write CVs that will gain an employer's attention
- Advice on interview skills including digital methods
- Information and referrals to a wide range of local support services including business start-up, Higher and Further education providers
- Other support options available from the National Careers Service
After our workshop, you will be offered further careers support from the host for up to 12 months. You will also receive their telephone number and email address so that you can get advice when you need it.
Please note: this workshop is for adults aged 18 and above. Whilst this is a Derby initiative, we are able to work with anyone from the East Midlands. The workshops are delivered via MS Teams and guidance on how to join the workshop is provided after you register your interest.
Date: Monday, January 25, 2021
Time: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Timezone: UTC (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: What next: finding employment during Covid-19
🚩 Event category:
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.