Finding a professional job is one of the main goals for many Gals of our community. To tackle this, we have partnered with Laura Barclay, founder of Getting Ahead Australia, to deliver a workshop to kick start your pathway to professional employment!
In the workshop Laura will be covering the following:
- Job search tips including the most common mistakes to avoid when applying for jobs.
- Strategies for job seekers to carefully and successfully read and understand the position descriptions and to use the information/language from them in your cover letter.
- The importance of preparing for interviews (phone/video/F2F) before starting to apply to jobs so you are ready to use your experience in the hospitality and/or cleaning industries in your favor.
- Ways to improve your answers (& pronunciation) in response to common questions with advanced preparation.
- Networking and the different ways to reach out to people in your professional field.
So if you are looking to land the next interview, find that entry-level position in your professional field or just looking for casual employment then this event is for you!
Laura Barclay is the founder of Getting Ahead Australia and empowers professionals from overseas to improve their communication skills so they can be successful working in English-speaking environments.
With over 20 years’ international experience in the HR and Communications industry working in the environmental, finance, retail and telco sectors, she now delivers real change to one individual at a time.
Laura is deeply committed to supporting people who want to achieve their personal goals in a new environment, often assisting those who are away from their own homes, family and support networks.