All job seekers
About this Event
This interview skills training aims to give you the knowledge and skills required to improve your chances of having that positive job interview experience, and of course, to helps you to get that all important promotion or new job.
A by-product of this training is that the skills you learn are transferable and will help develop techniques that you can use for a variety of situations at work. This improvement in your communication skills and ability to ‘sell yourself’ will, in effect, help to open up career opportunities for you, whether you are actively looking for work or not.
The preparing for a job interview training are aimed at anyone who may be looking to improve their interview skills in order to seek a new role either within their current organisation, or as an external applicant.
Training course contents:
Helps you to achieve your dream job with our Interivew Skills Training.
Whether looking to progress within your own organisation or searching for a new role completely, interviews are a key element of the job finding process and will usually be the main factor in deciding whether you get that all important job or not.
It’s a fact that people who are good at job interviews will have the opportunity to progress their career and those that don’t, find it hard to get on. Therefore, the skills required to perform effectively in job interviews are critical to your progression at work and in life.
Why taking this interview skills training is a good idea?
Well, just imagine if you were better able to:
- Identify your strengths and present them effectively at job interviews.
- Demonstrate positive body language and portray a confident, relaxed approach to interviews.
- Set yourself apart from other candidates.
- Effectively prepare for interviews to better understand the role and how they fit into it.
- Improve your preparation for interview questions.
- Understand the structure and requirements of both preliminary and second interviews.
- Get that all important job or promotion.
- Ultimately these training will help you develop the skills of the you, making you the type of candidate that gets the job.
This Preparing for a Job Interview training will provide the basis on which you can develop their interview skills in order to get that all important job or promotion. It will also help develop their personal effectiveness skills and confidence, which will increase your visibility and make you more employable.
The Benefits and Limitations of Interviews
- Helping participants appreciate the positive and negative elements of job interviews, what this means to them and how to ensure they overcome any shortfalls of the process, ultimately identifying the core aim of interviews and working towards this.
Presenting Yourself Effectively
- Establishing what interviewers are looking for, how to avoid putting on an act, whilst ensuring that the candidate makes an impression.
- Halo and Horns – Understanding the concept of halo and horns and how it affects an interviewers judgement.
- Setting Yourself Apart – Identifying individual style statements that could set a candidate apart.
- Honesty, Credibility & Consistency – The importance of demonstrating a credible professional presence.
Preparation Before an Interview
- Knowing the key things a candidate should do to prepare for an interview, so that they are relaxed and portray a positive and professional image.
- Dressing Appropriately – Not only what to wear, but how to wear it and several key things to remember.
- Planning the Journey – Critical preparation to ensure candidates arrive on time to interviews.
- Revisiting Your CV, Cover Letter & Application Form – Reviewing personal information and experiencce to ensure consistency and prepare for interviewer questions.
- Researching the Organisation – Identifying methods of researching the organisation that the candidate has applied to, which helps demonstrate their enthusiasm for the role and desire to fit in with the company.
- Understanding Your Strengths and Weaknesses – Determining the elements an interview is likely to focus on and either mitigating weaknesses or promoting positive aspects.
- Preparing the Key Points – Planning the key elements that the candidate wants to get across in the interview in order to better sell themselves.
- Preparing Questions to Ask – Clearly establishing the questions the candidate should ask during the interview, so that they can demonstrate their interest and establish if the role is suitable for them.
Typical Interview Questions
- Focusing on typical questions that interviewers ask and perfecting a response.
- Additional Questions – A look at some of the ‘alternative’ questions an interview might ask and preparing for them.
- Attending Preliminary Interviews
- Reviewing the challenges of preliminary interviews and how best to approach them.
Meeting the Interviewer
- Establishing first impressions and perfecting a greeting, including; eye contact, a warm smile and the handshake.
- Getting Body Language Right – Knowing how to sit, use your hands and relax into a comfort zone.
- Closing the Interview
- Developing the questions that a candidate should ask towards the end of an interview and how to approach the close, leaving a lasting impression.
The Second Interview
- What to do when invited back for the all important second interview and knowing how it differs to a preliminary interview.
- Your Unique Selling Points – Recognising what sets you apart and how best to present this to the interviewer.
- Getting Feedback Before the Second Interview – Establishing feedback sources and in preparation for the second interview.
- After the Interview – Not Getting the Job
- How to conduct yourself after hearing the bad news and creating a plan for maintaining visibility and putting yourself in the frame if the preferred candidate turns the role down.
- After the Interview – Getting the Job
- Developing a list of pros and cons to help determine if you want to take the role.
- Renegotiating Salary – Knowing how to negotiate if salary is the only stumbling block to taking the role.
- A Model for Interview Success
- Bringing the learning together through a fun activity that highlights the key points from the training.
At the end of this training course you will be able to:
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses and what you can do to present yourselves effectively
- Establish what interviewers are looking for and how best to match your skills to this
- Prepare to answer typical interview questions
- Develop your interview confidence to tackle difficult situations and get the job you want
Once after the training you receive course completion certificate from Mangates
Who can Attend?
Anybody who is interested in learning Interview Skills.
Date: Friday, November 26, 2021
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Timezone: UTC+2 (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: Preparing for Job Interviews 1 Day Virtual Live Training in Cologne
🚩 Event category:
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.