All job seekers
About this Event
TechSF, JVS and The Job Forum have teamed up to bring the TechSF community an opportunity to sit down with local staffing agencies and learn how to put your best foot forward when working with recruiters. We will have expert panelist from a range of small to larger companies in addition to an expert on ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) hiring technology. The event will also include break out groups with time to ask your own individual questions in a smaller group setting. Please choose which group you would like to join when signing-up.
Thursday, April 1, 6pm to 7:45 pm
Meeting via Zoom (the link will be emailed to you before the start time).
Topics that will be covered include:
- What do staffing or recruitment agencies do versus what company recruiters and talent managers do?
- For what roles do staffing companies typically and frequently hire?
- There is something called” temp to perm” Is this a good route for a job hunter and what do the terms used in the staffing field mean?
- What are the pros and cons of working through a staffing company? Why would a job hunter want to work with a staffing or recruitment agency?
- As a job hunter, how do you succeed with staffing companies and how to best present yourself and your skills to them?
- Do staffing and recruitment agencies and companies nowadays use algorithms and computers to screen and sort candidates (applicant tracking systems) – what advice is there for job hunters – what is important to do or not do given these are used?
Break out sessions
There are many questions you may have and can cover in the small group sessions; job hunters may feel free to ask our experts how to deal with any of the following challenges and more:
- A gap in your work history
- No industry experience
- Transferring to a new industry or role
- Lots of years of experience
- Lack of any job experience
- Idea for what role for which you “Might “be qualified
- Which job title shall you focus on?
- And anything else that is “stumping“ you
When you sign up please select which small group session you want to join:
Pick a 1st and 2nd choice so we can pre-assign you to the session:
- ATS Staffing Technology – implications for your resume and interfacing with the systems
- Best way to present yourself for positive impact on a staffing agency
- Do not overlook Small/Medium size company work
- General discussion of how best to work with a staffing agency or a recruiter
Please only sign up for one ticket and if you sign up please do attend.
JVS is a San Francisco Bay Area leader and nonprofit focused on helping people to build in-demand skills and find good jobs. Since 1973, JVS has been providing training and career advice in health care, technology and utility careers as examples.
The Job Forum is the SF Bay Area's longest running job search career service. The Job Forum has been providing career and job advice for almost 70 years, with up-to-date job search advice and coaching directly from managers who work inside companies here in the SF Bay Area.
JVS and The Job Forum hope you will join us to take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
Please consider a donation of $10- 25. We need your support to continue our programs for job hunters.
By signing up, you agree to receive future emails from The Job Forum. You will be sent the zoom link and we will close the meeting after 20 minutes so please be on time. We look forward to seeing you there.
Date: Thursday, April 1, 2021
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:45 pm
Timezone: UTC-7 (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: How to Gain Traction in Your Job Search by Working with a Staffing Company
🚩 Event category:
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.