All job seekers
This chat's co-host is executive recruiter Darren Berger, CPA, CA, with the Farber Group, based in Toronto, Canada.
After over 15 years in accounting and finance-oriented positions at some of the largest companies in Canada, Darren joined an executive search firm. He has a great story and lessons to share about his career change that are especially relevant in this tough time when you may have no choice but to decide where to go next in your career.
— 💡 HIGHLIGHTS —
- ➡ What kinds of things to consider when choosing a new career direction
- ➡ Executive career networking means people you meet on one job search can lead to opportunities on a different job search
- ➡ Why a typical executive job search is 6-9 months, add 2-3 months during COVID-19
- ➡ Why companies should partner with executive search firms
- ➡ Don't make a career change just to make a change
- ➡ How you should change your job search when you're not getting results
- ➡ Why it's more important than ever to be able to demonstrate your expertise, such as with a work portfolio and on a freelance marketplace
- ➡ How the recruitment process has changed for employers and candidates during COVID-19, such as with virtual onboarding
Date: Monday, April 27, 2020
Time: 9:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (check your local time here)
Registration required? No
Full event details: How is Changing Executive Careers Different During COVID-19? [JOSH #5]
🚩 Event category:
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.