All job seekers
About this event
Businesses that hire candidates with diverse abilities yield greater profits, develop more innovative teams, and report a richer workplace culture. However, adults with disabilities face a multitude of barriers to entering and advancing in the workplace. Northstar Career Academy works to blaze trails to employment by connecting our students to the business community.
We invite you to join us virtually in our efforts to build a robust, diverse candidate pool in Central Virginia by giving our students the opportunity to practice their interview and networking skills.
How it Works
- Volunteers offer just one hour of their time between 9:00 AM and 2 PM.
- Northstar pairs the volunteer with two students for virtual interviews; each interview takes approximately 30 minutes.
- After volunteer registration, Northstar provides suggested interview questions, tips on how to conduct the session, and the students’ resumes.
- A Northstar facilitator supports both student and volunteer during the practice interview.
- Students enter the job search process with skills and experience that can give them an edge with prospective employers.
Date: Friday, May 13, 2022
Time: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Timezone: UTC-4 (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: HireAbility: A Reverse Job Fair for Inclusive Employment
🚩 Event category:
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.