All job seekers
About this event
If you're 18-30, are passionate about Apple's products and would like to join the global tech company as an in-store Specialist, this event is for you.
Apple is a diverse organisation of thinkers and doers, continuously reimagining their products and practices to help people do what they love in new ways.
Through this event, Apple are recruiting for temporary seasonal roles across stores based in Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield.
About the role
As a Specialist, you'll help to create the energy and excitement around Apple products, providing the right solutions and getting products into customers’ hands. Not only are you the first person customers meet when they enter the store, you're also the person who guides them – advising, selling and even setting up their new products.
Every day is an opportunity for you to turn another Apple Store visitor into a loyal Apple customer. You will be based either at the New Cannon Street Mall or Trafford Centre, Upper Peel Avenue.
Working on a temporary seasonal contract, you'll get specialist Apple training and employee product pricing.
Read the full job description for the role here (you may need to download the document).
28th July, 9am- 5pm
The first part of the event will include an interactive workshop with industry professionals where they will share tips, techniques and give you feedback to help you prepare you for the real job interview.
In the afternoon session, you will have an online interview for the available role as the first step in the process.
To be eligible for this course you must be:
- Aged 18-30
- Live and based in Greater Manchester, Sheffield and Leeds
The Manchester borough eligible includes Wigan, Manchester, Salford, Trafford, Stockport, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Bolton and Tameside.
- Unemployed, on a zero hours contract or working less than 16 hours per week
- In education for less than 14 hours per week
Please ensure you meet this criteria before registering.
BENEFITS OF #GETHIRED
- Get direct coaching and advice from industry professionals themselves!
- Learn how to craft your ‘elevator pitch‘, helping you to introduce yourself with confidence
- Understand the top techniques you need to deliver memorable interview answers with impact
- Get constructive feedback from the interview to help you develop yourself for the next stage
This is not a jobs fair.
PREPARING FOR THE DAY
- Be ready for a call: A member of The Prince’s Trust team will call you the week before the event to confirm your attendance and tell you more details about the day.
- Read the jobs pack: Do your research on the employer. Have a look at their social media to learn about their mission statement, vision and values. (You may need to download the document)
If you are successful in being shortlisted we will need a copy of your CV, we recommend sending it to our team for an anonymous review by emailing CVReview@princes-trust.org.uk. It can take 5 days to receive feedback so we advise emailing your CV for review as soon as possible so it is ready before the programme starts.
AFTER THE EVENT
- A member of The Prince’s Trust team will give you a call after the event to explain the feedback you received from the interview.
- If you are shortlisted, the employer will contact you directly to arrange the next steps. It is essential that you check your phone and email and call people back if you have a missed call or voicemail.
- When you start a new job, you might need some assistance to pay for travel or work clothing etc. We can help! Just provide evidence that clearly shows when your first day at work begins. Discuss the situation with The Prince’s Trust team and they can process your Development Award application – where you can receive funding for up to £150.
Registering your details does not guarantee you a place on the programme.
A member of The Prince's Trust team will review your details and get in touch to collect further information to assess your suitability before confirming your place.
Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Timezone: UTC+1 (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: Get Hired with Apple, for 18-30 year olds
🚩 Event category:
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.