All job seekers
About this Event
If you're 18-30 and are struggling to find a job in the traditional way, then why not take part in Get Hired Live. Think speed dating but for jobs. You'll have the opportunity to take part in online interviews for entry-level roles with Greater Manchester employers. This event is fast-paced, fun and unique. Perfect for those who want something different when applying for a job.This event is free and strictly open to young people living in Greater Manchester and are not in full time employment or education, do check the locations below before registering. You will join the session online via Microsoft Teams, with no need to download additional software to your laptop or phone.
BENEFITS OF #GETHIRED
- Mock interview practice
- Live interviews for entry-level opportunities in Greater Manchester
- Feedback from every interview to help you develop
EVENT DETAILSWhere: Online When: Thursday 4th March, 9.00am – 17.00pm Please note anyone logging on later than 9.15am will be denied access to the event Who: Motivated 18 to 30 year-olds who are looking for a job. You must be also not currently be in full-time education or employment. Dress code: Dress for success. Practice good personal hygiene and make a good impression in smart clothing appropriate for an interview. Tip: You do not need to bring a CV with you, but an employer might ask for one if you progress after the event. YOU MUST LIVE IN GREATER MANCHESTER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SESSION This includes Wigan, Manchester, Salford, Trafford, Stockport, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Bolton and Tameside.
TOP TIPS TO ENSURE SUCCESS ON THE DAY
- Be ready for a call: A member of The Prince’s Trust team will call you the week before the event to confirm your attendance and tell you more details about the day.
- Read the jobs pack: We will send you information about the roles on offer the week before Get Hired. Do your research on the employers that interest you. Have a look at their website and social media to learn about their mission statement, vision and values.
- Prepare for interviews: Demonstrate how you can add value to a business by remembering three facts about them. Alternatively, keep a list of three questions that you can ask an employer during your interview.
- A member of The Prince’s Trust team will give you a call after the event to explain the feedback you received from each of your interviews.
- If you are shortlisted, the employer will contact you directly to arrange the next steps. It is essential that you check your phone and email and call people back if you have a missed call or voicemail.
- When you start a new job, you might need some assistance to pay for travel or work clothing etc. We can help! Just provide evidence that clearly shows when your first day at work begins. Discuss the situation with The Prince’s Trust team and they can process your Development Award application - where you can receive funding for up to £150.
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES“Hearing I got the job in my desired career with the support of The Prince’s Trust to keep me there was the best thing that happened to me.” Jana A. “Loved it, loved it, loved it! Good energy and great interviews.” Rueben B.
By completing this form you are registering your interest in this event. A member of our team will get in touch to determine whether you are suitable and confirm your place.
Date: Thursday, March 4, 2021
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Timezone: UTC (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: Get Hired Live, for 18 to 30 year olds
🚩 Event category: No Categories Did you attend this event?
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.