All job seekers
About this Event
If you're 18-30 and are struggling to find a job in the traditional way, then why not take part in Get Hired Live?
This fast-paced, virtual event is designed to connect you with industry experts, coaching you to get the edge on the competition in a job interview.
At every Get Hired Live event, there is the added possibility to take part in real interviews for actual live vacancies.
This event is free and strictly open to young people living within the Greater Manchester postcode and districts, so do check the locations below before registering.
BENEFITS OF #GETHIRED
- Get direct coaching and advice from industry professionals, from top companies such as Apple, Barclays and MoneySupermarket
- Learn how to craft your 'elevator pitch', helping you to introduce yourself with confidence
- Understand the top techniques you need to deliver memorable interview answers with impact
- Potential to meet real employers and interview for entry-level opportunities in Greater Manchester
- Get constructive feedback from every interview to help you develop
- Where: Online
- When: Thursday 18th February, 9.00am – 17.00pm
- Who: Motivated 18 to 30 year-olds who are looking for a job. Please ensure you meet the eligibility criteria below before registering
- Dress code: Dress for success. Practice good personal hygiene and make a good impression in smart clothing appropriate for an interview
- Tip: You do not need to bring a CV with you, but an employer might ask for one if you progress after the event
By completing this form you are registering your interest in this event. A member of our team will get in touch to determine whether you are suitable and confirm your place.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIAPlease ensure you meet this criteria before registering for this programme. You are eligible for this programme if you are:
- Living in any of the following Greater Manchester areas:
- Wigan, Manchester, Salford, Trafford, Stockport, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Bolton or Tameside
- Unemployed, on a zero hours contract or working less than 16 hours per week
- Not in full time education
TOP TIPS TO ENSURE SUCCESS ON THE DAY
- Be ready for a call: A member of The Prince’s Trust team will call you the week before the event to confirm your attendance and tell you more details about the day.
- Read the jobs pack: We will send you information about the roles on offer the week before Get Hired. Do your research on the employers that interest you. Have a look at their website and social media to learn about their mission statement, vision and values.
- Prepare for interviews: Demonstrate how you can add value to a business by remembering three facts about them. Alternatively, keep a list of three questions that you can ask an employer during your interview.
- A member of The Prince’s Trust team will give you a call after the event to explain the feedback you received from each of your interviews.
- If you are shortlisted, the employer will contact you directly to arrange the next steps. It is essential that you check your phone and email and call people back if you have a missed call or voicemail.
- When you start a new job, you might need some assistance to pay for travel or work clothing etc. We can help! Just provide evidence that clearly shows when your first day at work begins. Discuss the situation with The Prince’s Trust team and they can process your Development Award application - where you can receive funding for up to £150.
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES“Hearing I got the job in my desired career with the support of The Prince’s Trust to keep me there was the best thing that happened to me.” Jana A. “Loved it, loved it, loved it! Good energy and great interviews.” Rueben B.
Date: Thursday, February 18, 2021
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Timezone: UTC (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: Get Hired, for 18 to 30 year-olds
🚩 Event category:
Why did you rate it that way? How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.