All job seekers
About this Event
Alongside providing vital experience of the world of work, activities such as work experience, apprenticeships, internships and the government’s new Kickstart programme provide a fantastic opportunity for individuals to develop essential skills such as Communication, Self-management, Collaboration and Problem solving.
In this 45-minute webinar we will explore how you can build structured essential skills development into your work placement programme, ensuring your participants can thrive in their future career.
This webinar will provide useful insights for anyone who is:
- Recruiting Kickstart candidates but unsure how to support them to develop the skills to transition into sustained paid employment.
- Moving their work experience programme online for the first time and want to ensure participants get the most out of the programme.
- Supporting apprentices and keen to build opportunities for participants to develop essential skills alongside technical skills.
Through the session we will explore:
- How to use essential skills to create an inclusive application and selection process
- How to embed skills development within your work placement from day to day tasks to feedback and next steps,
- Top tips for delivering skills development through online placements
- How Skills Builder can support your programme delivery
There will also be opportunities for you to ask your questions to the Skills Builder team!
Please also have a look at our newly launched the ‘Employer's Guide to Kickstart', a free support handbook, designed in collaboration with Business in the Community, CIPD, and the CBI, to provide support to employers taking part in the government’s Kickstart Scheme.
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Time: 4:00 pm - 4:45 pm
Timezone: UTC (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: Essential Skills through Work Placements
🚩 Event category:
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.