All job seekers
About this Event
It’s a tough job market. And now more than ever, if you are job seeking you need a resume that will get you noticed by prospective employers. In this workshop led by Microsoft’s Demi Alvarado, you’ll learn different resume formats, tricks for writing a persuasive resume, how to make the most of your work experience, what to reveal in a resume and how to make it look appealing. Demi will also lead you through a self-assessment designed to help you describe and promote yourself effectively. Whether you want to create a new resume or enhance the one you already have, join to learn how your resume can become a powerful tool that will get you interviews.
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- Identify the different parts of a resume and its purpose;
- Learn about resume rules and how they affect the development of a resume;
- Learn how to handle special skills and references on a resume;
- Develop a cover letter to accompany the resume;
- Learn how to put the finishing touches on a resume with proper formatting and proofreading.
This program is presented by Demi Alvarado and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at email@example.com
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About the Program Presenter
Demi Alvarado is a Community Development Specialist with Microsoft, working in Orlando, FL. In this role, she empowers people and organizations to achieve more through access to free education, training, and resources. Through this work, she seeks to bring communities together around shared passions, goals, and learning experiences.
Date: Monday, May 3, 2021
Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Timezone: UTC-4 (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: Creating a Resume For Today's World (Webinar)
🚩 Event category: No Categories Did you attend this event?
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.