All job seekers
About this Event
Wednesday 16th September 10 am
The Plan for Jobs contains a number of measures and incentives aimed at encouraging employers to take advantage of the skills development opportunities available from the ESFA and other government departments. The measures also support young people and those whose employment opportunities have been negatively impacted by the outbreak.
The aim is to connect more employers – especially SMEs – with these crucial skills programmes; the webinar will cover:
• Apprenticeship recruitment incentives
• Other elements of ‘Plan for Jobs’; Job Retention Bonus, Kickstart
• T Levels
• Providing apprenticeships during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak (Version 6) 2020/21 apprenticeships funding policy and rules.
The collective effort of everyone in the UK to control the spread of the virus means that the economy is safely beginning to reopen. Building on the action taken in the face of the immediate threat posed by the virus, the government is now proceeding with the second phase of its response with a targeted Plan for Jobs.
This will support the UK’s economic recovery while continuing to prioritise people’s health by:
• introducing a new Job Retention Bonus to encourage firms to keep on furloughed workers
• supporting jobs with direct help to find work and to gain the skills people need to get a job
• protecting jobs in the hard-hit hospitality and accommodation sectors and at attractions by supporting demand for these businesses, giving them confidence to reopen
• creating jobs with action to get the property market moving, to increase and bring forward infrastructure investment, and to make homes greener, warmer and cheaper to heat.
The UK government is providing support directly to people and businesses in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland through the UK-wide measures in the Plan for Jobs.
Subhash Sachania | National Account Manager at the Skills Funding Agency
Subhash is keen to promote the government’s new “Plan for Jobs 2020” response to the challenges posed by COVID-19. The Plan for Jobs contains a number of measures and incentives aimed at encouraging employers to take advantage of the skills development opportunities available from the ESFA and other government departments.
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Timezone: UTC+1 (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: A Plan for Jobs
🚩 Event category: No Categories Did you attend this event?
How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.