This event is over.
All job seekers
NASW MD 's "A CAREER IN HOSPICE" November 11th at 10:00am
About this Event
Have you thought about a career in hospice social work? Are you currently working as a social worker in a hospice setting? Are you a student in social work and curious about the different sectors?
If so, join NASW MD in a virtual discussion with hospice social worker, Elisabeth McCall Martin MSW, LCSW-C, ACHP-SW. Hospice social work is often considered to be hard work like many other avenues of social work; however, it can also be rewarding when caring for clients and navigating professional opportunities.
In this talk, Ms. McCall Martin will discuss:
- the role of a hospice clinical social worker on the interdisciplinary team
- meeting your patients and families where they are as they transition to end of life.
- how social norms and values affect hospice clinical work and working with elderly clients
- internships and job opportunities when seeking to advance your career
- investing in yourself through continuing education and creating your own opportunities for advancing your career.
Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Time: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Timezone: UTC-5 (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: A CAREER IN HOSPICE
🔖 Event tags: Free events
🚩 Event category:
Did you attend this event?
Click to rate this event
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
(You must be logged in to vote. if you'd like to change your rating, refresh the page)
Why did you rate it that way? How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below