All job seekers
Exploring the Future of Work in a post COVID-19 World
About this EventThis #140Conf is focusing on The Future of Work in a post COVID-19 world. Our speakers include: Gary A. Bolles, Chris Brogan, Sam Glassenberg, Chris Fine, Jon Arnold and Eric Pulver. In #140Conf-style, each scheduled talk will be short and focused. (speaker bios below) There's no charge to attend this new - yet familiar - experience. The Zoom doors for #140Conf Live open at 11:45 AM (Eastern) on June 17th, with talks and networking scheduled from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM (Eastern). After the talks, networking follows. Looking forward to seeing you there, Jeff Pulver & Deb Brown The #140Conf Live Team -------
Who is speaking at Future of Work?
- Gary A. Bolles - Gary A. Bolles is an internationally-recognized expert on the future of work and the future of learning. ... Formerly, Bolles was the editorial director of technology publications such as Yahoo! Internet Life, Inter@ctive Week, and Network Computing, as well as the on-screen host of TechTV's “Working the Web.” Mr Bolles is a Chair at Singularity University.
- Jon Arnold - As Principal of J Arnold & Associates, Jon provides thought leadership and go-to-market counsel, with a focus on the business-level impact of digital transformation in the workplace. Jon’s thought leadership can be followed on his widely-read JAA’s Analyst Blog, and ongoing commentary on Twitter and Linked in.
- Chris Fine - Chris Fine is an experienced independent advisor and consultant, specializing in strategy, technology, innovation, and business/market development. Chris’s background includes engineering, IT, management, and financial work in multiple roles. Chris’s recent focus has been the future of work and the workplace, including technologies, user and operator experience, office layout, remote work, and security. One major area of focus now is the evolution of the workplace during and post COVID-19.
- Chris Brogan - is president of Chris Brogan Media, offering business storytelling and marketing advisory help for mid to larger sized companies. Chris is a sought after keynote speaker and the New York Times bestselling author of nine books and counting. He's working on his tenth: title forthcoming.
- Sam Glassenberg - founder and CEO of Level Ex. Sam has spent his career leading teams and companies at the cutting-edge of the video game industry. Today his team at Level Ex harnesses video game technology and cognitive neuroscience to engage and train over 600,000 medical professionals on mobile devices. Before Level Ex, he was the CEO of the leading independent game publisher in Hollywood, releasing games based on popular films, including The Hunger Games and Mission: Impossible. Sam also led the DirectX graphics team at Microsoft, where he accepted a Technical Emmy on behalf of his team for advancing the visual realism of video games across the industry. His career began at LucasArts, creating Star Wars games for PlayStation and Xbox. Sam serves on numerous industry advisory boards and speaks internationally on video games in medicine.
- Dr. Eric Pulver - Doctor Pulver has served as an Assistant Professor at Northwestern University Dental School. He has been a past Director of Oral & Maxillofacial surgery at Michael Reese Hospital where he was responsible for Resident Education. Dr. Pulver was the Team Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon for the Chicago Blackhawks in the National Hockey league from 1996-2006. During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Doctor Pulver has emerged in the United States as a National Thought Leader advising Oral Surgeons and Dentists on best practices on how to best approach the reopening of their businesses including how to approach changing the daily operation of the office to best protect both the doctors and the patients.
Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Time: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Timezone: America/New York (check your local time here)
Registration required? Yes
Full event details: #140conf: The Future of Work
🚩 Event category:
Why did you rate it that way? How did it go? Tell us. Leave a comment below.