What's happening as we enter the final leg of the contest.
Mission accomplished! All goals going to be achieved
My goals for this year's contest were:
1) Get more sponsors and prizes than ever before – DONE
With over US$5000 in prizes to be won, this year's contest was over twice the value as last year's.
2) Get more entries than ever before – DONE
For the first time ever, the contest is full. There were 25 spots, and there are now 25 guests posts that have either been published or will be.
I also had to turn away more entries than ever before, either because they didn't follow the rules, or they arrived after the 25 spots had been filled.
3) Get more traffic than ever before – DONE
Two thirds of the way through the contest – or 1 month in – JobMob has already seen 240K pageviews, putting it on pace to reach 360K, a 20% increase over last year's contest.
Congratulations to all the participants, you're doing a great job making the competition exciting with movement in the Contest Rankings every day.
Thank you to our terrific sponsors
- Marcus Tandler and JOBlog
- Rabbi Issamar Ginzberg
- Kiesha Easley and WeBlogBetter.com
- Jason Alba and JibberJobber.com
- Dan Schawbel and the Personal Branding Blog
- Recruiting Animal
- Keller Hawthorne and Simply Fresh Themes
- Joshua Waldman and Job Searching with Social Media for Dummies
- September 12th 2011 – the last possible day that a guest post will appear on JobMob, and the Contest Rankings page will no longer be updated until the end of the contest.
- September 21st 2011 – official announcement of the grand prize winners and most shared article prize winners
Barring any unforeseen events, the next news post will be to announce the winners at the end of the contest.
I will be speaking about job search at the next Meetup of the Jerusalem Business Networking Forum on September 14th.
If you'll be in or around Jerusalem then, come by for the free event. It would be great to get some JobMob readers there, networking with other participants too.