Let's have a little bit of fun with this contest, and hopefully you'll learn something about job search while you're at it.
US$50 + 1 hour private consult phone call with me at the end of which you will have at least 3 ideas of effective, specific-to-your-context, new tactics to try on your job search.
This prize is transferable in case you would like to offer it as a gift to a job seeker you know.
US$50 to a randomly-selected person who mentioned this contest on Twitter using the #jraw2009 hashtag while linking back to this post.
How to Play
- Each day for the next 3 days, a new round of questions will be posted here on JobMob like Round 1 here below.
- Respond to as many of the questions as you can and submit your results with your name and email address. Unless specified otherwise, all the answers can be found in the JobMob archives. To be clear- you don't need to respond to all the questions! Just do the best you can.
- Each correct response earns you 1 point and you want to earn the most points possible by answering the most questions right.
- The door prize winner will be chosen via a random drawing. You will earn 1 entry in the drawing every time you tweet using the #jraw2009 hashtag while linking back to this contest announcement.
- Better yet, you will earn 2 entries every time someone else retweets your tweet containing your Twitter ID, the hashtag and link back here, so you'll want to get your friends to help out.
- The more entries you earn, the better your chances of winning the door prize drawing.
How to Win
The person who earns the most points will be the grand prize winner. Ties will be broken by the number of times the contestant mentioned the contest on Twitter using the #jraw2009 hashtag. Failing that, a winner will be chosen randomly from among the tied contestants using Random.org.
The door prize winner will be chosen via a random drawing from among all the entry tweets.
Monday morning, December 21st at 7am Israel time (check your local time here)
- You must be a JobMob subscriber to participate. If you're not a JobMob subscriber yet, subscribe now so you can participate, it's free!
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- To prevent my team from being overwhelmed with work, only one set of responses is permitted per person for the grand prize. In other words, you're only allowed to submit one response for each of the rounds.
- To qualify for the door prize, you must also send in at least one entry for the grand prize.
- One person is allowed to win both prizes, provided they've followed all the other rules.
If anything isn't clear, please ask me in the comments below.
Good luck in Round 1!
(If you're reading this over email, you might need to click through to the website to see the questions)
THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.