Another big year.
Read all the way through, you don't want to miss the special announcement…
When JobMob launched on March 21st, 2007, I never thought it would last this long.
Back then, I wanted to learn about blogging while I was looking for a job, so it wasn't hard to think of blogging about my job search.
I suppose the idea would have been to stop once I found a job, or when I didn't feel there was more to learn – or like most people who start blogging – when I'd simply had enough and couldn't find the time or effort to blog anymore.
But that won't be happening anytime soon.
There are still millions of people who are unnecessarily suffering through job searches, and millions more who aren't getting all (or even most) of the benefits of personal branding, so my work is cut out for me.
And I'm still having too much fun to stop.
Highlights from the past year
The 6th Annual JobMob Guest Blogging Contest
The biggest edition of the contest yet, with over $6000 in prizes, was full again with 25 guest authors whose articles were shared almost 4000 times as over 450,000 people visited JobMob during the contest, almost double last year's audience. Incredible. Look for it again this summer.
JobMob or I were mentioned or quoted on Wired.com, the Huffington Post, the Spanish edition of Glamour, Calcalist, and more.
By far the most memorable media mention was when a major Malaysian journalist was found to have plagiarized from a number of sites including JobMob.
Numbers: you guys keep coming back
- The regular JobMob audience is over 35000 readers, Twitter followers and Facebook fans
- The past year saw over 2.6 million visits and over 4.3 million pageviews, with traffic peaking during the summer contest
- The site recently had its 7 millionth visit, and will serve its 15 millionth pageview soon
Objective for the coming year
One place where JobMob can definitely improve: community.
I want to get to know you better, so that I can learn how to help you better, and better encourage others to help you too. That way everything will be better. (I could probably squeeze another ‘better' in there, but I won't push it)
And now, my special announcement:
In the month of May, I'm going to make time to speak to a different JobMob reader roughly every business day, regardless of where you are in the world, and give you some free job search advice that's specific to your situation.
Watch early next week for details on how to reserve your free job search consult call.
You guys rock.
Thank you to:
- Everyone who reads and shares JobMob articles so that others can get the same benefits you have
- Everyone who contributed a guest post, a comment, or a Community Favorite
- All JobMob partners and supporters like the Top Job Bloggers
- All my sponsors, such as those who helped with the guest blogging contest and those who buy ads
Much success to us all in the coming year.
Question of the article
What would you like to see on JobMob in the coming year? Suggest anything: topics I should cover, new features, you name it.
Tell us in the comments (or just wish JobMob a Happy Birthday)
Are you following JobMob in the best way for you?
You can get JobMob articles over….
- Email: subscribe here
- Facebook: via the JobMob Facebook page OR click the Like button that appears beneath the JobMob logo on the website
- Twitter: follow @jacobshare
- Pinterest: JobMob Articles pinboard
Stay in touch where it's easiest for you.
Subscribe to JobMob for the best job search advice from someone who actually cares about your job search success.