Thinking of doing a startup or going out on your own? Get inspired.
I've tried and failed twice, but they were both terrific learning experiences.
Update January 19th: the contest is now over! Check for the winners in the comments.
How to Enter
- Simple – at the bottom of this article, leave a comment about startups.
Some suggestions of what to comment on are:
- Tell a crazy story from a startup you were in, or just heard
- Which recent startup (or founder of) impressed/depressed you?
- What's your favorite job-related startup?
- Tell us of who you'd like to offer the book as a gift and why (you don't need to mention their name)
- And/or- impress me with constructive feedback about JobMob and how I can make the site better for you.
Don't be shy…
About the book
With revealing stories both funny and frank, Mikkel [Svane, founder, CEO and chairman of Zendesk Inc.] shares how he and his friends bravely left secure jobs to start something on their own, how he almost went broke several times, how they picked up themselves and their families to travel across the world to California and the unknown, and how the three friends were miraculously still together for Zendesk's IPO and (still growing) success.
5 digital copies of the new Startupland: How Three Guys Risked Everything to Turn an Idea into a Global Business (which has a list price of US$18.19) are available to be won, wherever you are in the world.
How to Win
Simple – Leave impressive comments.
The more impressive your comments are, the more chances you have to win. Plus, there are no limits on how many copies you can win, so if you want more than one copy, comment multiple times.
As usual, you or anyone you know can try to influence the choice of winners by leaving more comments in support.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Be sure to use a real email address or Twitter account when you comment so that I can contact you if you win.
To be considered as entries in the contest, all comments must be submitted by this Sunday January 18th 2015, midnight PST, which is 10am Monday morning Israel time (check your local time here).