This should be fun. My goal is to get you a wide range of advice and tips with the usual dose of humor as well.
Guest posts are already being accepted now until September 1st 2008.
The grand prize winner will earn:
- US$150, sponsored by Jacob Share and JobMob.
Prize money will be paid in US dollars or Israeli shekels at the exchange rate of the day it's awarded. If you live outside of Israel, you will need a PayPal account to receive the award (get a PayPal account here).
How to enter
- Write a guest post for JobMob between now and 1 pm Israel time on September 1st 2008 (check your local time here).
- Send in your guest post via email to jacob [dot] share [at] shareselectmedia [dot] com.
- Guest posts will appear on JobMob throughout August and the beginning of September.
How to win
Simple: get as many people as you can to read your guest post.
The grand prize winner is the author of the guest post with the most unique visitors during the 7 days after the post was published on JobMob. Here are some traffic tips on how to attract maximum visitors to your entry.
Tiebreaker goes to the post with the most trackbacks & pingbacks so try to get links to your guest posts as well. If you have a blog, linking to your own guest posts is fine.
The first guest post will appear on Monday August 4th, 2008 with the other posts to follow throughout the month. If there are many entries, I may extend the contest by an additional 2 weeks.
Once the first guest posts are published, track your progress on the regularly-updated Contest Rankings page.
- Must be a new post of original content written in English.
- Your post should be relevant to the JobMob Community, ask me first if you're not sure. Use the top posts articles or the Best Of tab for inspiration.
- Write as if your audience has children in it.
- If you use any images in your guest post, they must be royalty-free and used in accordance with their license.
- Recommended but not required: send a byline with 3-4 lines about yourself, including a photo if possible. Posting anonymously is also ok.
- You can submit as many guest posts as you like, each one will be considered a separate entry.
- No advertising allowed, we have sponsored reviews for that.
- Unusual job search experiences
- Insight and tips that worked for you
- Your opinion on a specific job search topic
- Your most-liked/least-liked job search tools, websites, etc.