[Note: The very bottom of this post gives instructions for becoming a founding member of Midlife Job Finders (jump there now).]
The Main Purpose of Midlife Job Finders
The main purpose of Midlife Job Finders is to help you win at the midlife job search game by finding a good, meaningful job as quickly as possible, doing the work you want to be doing, without needing to worry about ageism, being told you're overqualified (if you get a response at all), applying for entry-level jobs, or requiring you to become a job search expert yourself just to get results.
This online course is aimed at job seekers 40 and up, employed and unemployed, who want to take action by following a proven strategy for midlife job search success.
I started creating Midlife Job Finders after it became clear that …
- The “one job until you retire” job market is dead
- Most midlife employees are completely unprepared for their next job search
- Midlife job seekers are more likely to be told they're overqualified than they're hired
- Most midlife job seekers will ultimately settle for the first job offer, even if it undervalues their skills and experience, and that's if they get any offers at all
- Midlife job seekers want job counselors and mentors attuned to their needs versus career advisers accustomed to counseling college students and recent alumni
Where I'm At With Midlife Job Finders
Although Midlife Job Finders isn’t ready for a large public launch, the pre-launch version of the site is almost ready.
Anyway, when the course launches PUBLICLY, I want to make absolutely sure that the forums are already populated with good content, that the membership software works flawlessly, that the server won’t crumble under user load, and that the helpdesk software I’m using integrates smoothly with the rest of the site.
In a nutshell, I want to make sure that every possible kink has been ironed out.
And so I’m offering an initial limited group of 50 people access to Midlife Job Finders… for 90% off the eventual price.
(I was originally going to offer spots to 100 people, but that just isn’t feasible — I’ll be working with founding members on a 1-on-1 basis and I simply can’t maintain high quality standards while working with 100 people).
Here’s the tradeoff:
I want you to use the forums, give me feedback on the content, let me know if the software breaks, and complete a few surveys . . .
. . . and in exchange for this, you get 90% off the final price.
Oh, and you’ll also get a full lifetime membership. Access to the course forever (note: this access is not transferable).
AND I’ll also work with you one-on-one for two months during private, bi-weekly consulting calls (I currently charge $150/hour for consulting, so this alone pays for your lifetime membership).
What We'll Cover in Midlife Job Finders
I'll go into this more deeply tomorrow, but I want to give you a blurred-over sketch of Midlife Job Finders.
Midlife Job Finders will be a 2-3 month program… with a few interesting twists that I’ll talk about tomorrow (when I open up registration). We’re going to take a very new approach to teaching and learning and I think you’ll be in for quite a few surprises.
Over the course of 2-3 months, we’ll cover…
- How job search has changed since you last needed to find a job
- Getting motivated to take action, and motivating others to take action for you
- How to build your self-confidence and self-esteem to reach your job search goals
- How to best handle the classic midlife job search obstacles such as ageism and being rejected as overqualified
- How to eliminate much of the uncertainty involved in starting a new midlife job search
- How to juggle your job search with family obligations, current job, etc.
- The best job search tools for midlife job seekers
- How to specifically focus your time and energy so that you’re not wasting time or resources
- How to find demand for your skills
- How to prioritize which skills to learn or improve
- How to determine the best way to market and promote yourself to stand out and be seen, both offline and online
- Which job search documents are key to getting hired, and how to craft and polish them for maximum impact
- How to discover roles and positions you might have otherwise overlooked
- Out-of-the box techniques that most job seekers, midlife and younger, aren't using
- How to grow your perceived value for recruiters and employers
- How to highlight your strengths when networking and interviewing
- Step-by-step instructions on how to find, research and target companies that you actually would want to work for
- How to recognize where you'd be a good culture fit
- How to get recruiters to respond
- How to get past gatekeepers to reach hiring decision makers
With that said, I might as well get to the part about…
How to Become a Founding Member of Midlife Job Finders
Sometime tomorrow (Thursday), at around 8am Pacific / 11am Eastern / 6pm Israel time (check your local time here), I’ll be sending you a thorough overview of Midlife Job Finders. And at that time, I’ll also start accepting founding members into the course.
Registration invitations will first go to everyone who’s emailed me to express interest in becoming a founding member. So, if you’ve emailed me regarding Midlife Job Finders, you’ll hear from me personally in the final 3 hours before registration officially opens.
Offers will be sent on a first-come, first-served fashion (i.e., if you were the first person to email me and express interest in Midlife Job Finders, then you’ll be the first to be offered a spot).
Since founding members receive (1) lifetime access to the Midlife Job Finders site, and (2) twice-monthly consulting calls for two months, I’ve decided to restrict the number of
openings to 50 people. I simply want to ensure that everyone has a good experience and I don’t think I can do that if I’m consulting with over 50 members.
If You Want to Get in BEFORE I send out invitations tomorrow
By Thursday, I’ll have a proper order form ready, along with a lengthy description of what Midlife Job Finders involves, when everything begins, etc.
But if you’re already sure you want to do this, and don’t want to wait, then just send payment by clicking here and I’ll make sure you get a spot.
I know . . . it’s a little hardcore, but it’s also a decent way to ensure your spot.
IMPORTANT: Read This!!
First, you should know that — since we’ll be working together 1-on-1 — there will be no refunds issued. Period. After I’ve given you my time, I cannot take it back.
Second, please, please do not send me your last $97. If your funds are severely limited and you only have $97 to your name, then Midlife Job Finders probably isn’t the best use of your money right now.