You too can find your inner strength to beat the unemployment challenge.
This a guest post by Kimberly “Kimba” Green. If you’d also like to guest post here on JobMob, follow these guest post guidelines.
When I was a child I was scared and easily intimated but that changed when I was 17 and diagnosed with cancer. I became a fighter. I had to fight for my life. I had no idea at the time how much that would change me but it was a defining moment. My personality as well as the view of my world was forever different.
Now jump 32 years ahead to present moment.
I have survived cancer 3 times!
I have survived divorce 3 times!
I have survived 4 family reunions with 6 siblings!
It took me 13 years to finish college.
It took me 20 years to realize that my strength was a good thing.
Now for the reasons why unemployment is NOT going to kick my butt:
- I stay organized and busy with my job searches.
- I connect and engage with the HR and recruiter communities via social media.
- I volunteer as much as I can in a number of different areas to help keep my mind fresh.
- I volunteer to work at educational conferences so I can attend.
- I research resume and interviewing techniques.
- I get out to networking events.
- I do whatever I can to stay out of my own head.
- I do listen to good advice & I don't listen to bad job search advice.
- I write a blog that helps keep me focused.
- I believe the Faberge Shampoo commercial! And they will tell two friends and they will tell two friends and so on and so on….
With all those people knowing about me someone is bound to offer me a job!
Thanks for listening!
About the Author
Kimberly “Kimba” Green is looking for a Project Management position in the Washington DC Metro area. Expertise is in Training/Education/IT Management. You can find more about her on her blog or her her LinkedIn profile. She's on Twitter @kimbagreen.
This article is part of the 4th Annual JobMob Guest Blogging Contest, which was made possible thanks in large part to our Gold Sponsor, Jason Alba of JibberJobber. If you want Kimberly Green to win, share this article with your friends.