You’ve heard all these interview questions before, but some of the insightful answers in the almost 9-minute video clip might surprise you.
- :37 Tell me about yourself.
Here they mention a “Forte report” which is a paying service of the Career Elevator, the people who made the video. Don’t worry about that. What’s important to retain is that you should be honest but reply in a way that implies how you would be a good fit for the position and the company.
- 1:13 Tell me about your last job.
- 1:42 What are your qualifications?
- 2:32 Where would you like to be in 5 years?
- 3:04 What is your ideal position?
- 3:42 Tell me about a problem you had to solve? (The S.T.A.R. approach)
- 4:13 What are your weaknesses?
Here they’re again pushing their Forte Report but essentially their recommendation is to talk about what de-motivates you. If applicable in your case, another option is to be more direct but mention weaknesses that are actually borderline qualities.
- 4:40 Silly (hypothetical puzzle) questions, such as “if you were an animal, what would you be?”
- 5:53 Why should I hire you?
- 6:07 What are your salary expectations?
The suggested reply here involves market research. If you’re unable to find any numbers for your market, you might simply prefer to take a more relaxed position.
- 6:43 How would you describe your previous manager?
- 7:13 What did you like least or most about your last job?
- 7:46 Why do you want to work here?
There are also some good tips near the 8th-minute about how to ask the interviewer some of your own questions.Free Bonus
If you want a handy job interview resource that you can keep on your smartphone or print out for easy reference, I’ve got a special bonus for you.This free download contains:
- 165 positive personality adjectives to describe yourself
- 444 of the most popular job interviewer questions to prepare yourself with
- 175 questions that you can ask in job interviews to make a good impression and learn about your future employer
JobMob Insiders can get this free bonus and other exclusive content in the JobMob Insider Bonuses area. Join now, it's free!